Eternity Realms Home!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Eternity Tavern Chatango
Long maintenance

Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:23 pm by Luna Starsplitter

Hey everyone we have had a long period where we were unable to get ahold of anyone or do much. I hope everyone is willing to come back and join in!

Comments: 0

Working on Site

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:46 pm by Shijumaru Tsukikirameki

Alright guys gonna clean up the site since we got everything back online and working. Sorry for the wait as always but you know how my work hours are. Anyways hope your all doing well and hope to see you soon.

Regards,
Tsuki

Comments: 4

Top posters
Luna Starsplitter (774)
(Flahsback) New Weapon Empty(Flahsback) New Weapon Empty(Flahsback) New Weapon Empty 
Shijumaru Tsukikirameki (567)
(Flahsback) New Weapon Empty(Flahsback) New Weapon Empty(Flahsback) New Weapon Empty 
Haru Kin (312)
Artemis (187)
Lily Minami (151)
DarkWardenX13 (135)
Shinie_Darkmoon (115)
Namine (110)
Lillian Rightill (86)
Anya (78)

Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:31 am

(Flahsback) New Weapon

Go down

(Flahsback) New Weapon Empty (Flahsback) New Weapon

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:25 pm

"Think he finally woke up?  I'm getting a little tired of a sleeping beauty here."  (Who is this?  Great, the enemy?  No way to tell.  Eyes refuse to open, can't feel my... can't feel, in fact.  No pain is nice, but I liked knowing I could breath and all.  Hearing works, that was a start.  What about my own voice?)  "Well, I woke up, but if you're after beauty you must mean someone else."  (Was that, my voice?  It sounded like a box for those heavy smokers.  I guess I was kinda in an inferno when I blacked out.  Silence once again, how long had it been?  In fact, he couldn't tell time.  Blacked out for a while, I guess.)  He counted seconds, in his head.  He got to nine.  A different voice rang out this time.  "Alright, Mr. Caters, I think it's time you heard an interesting proposal.  But first, what is the last thing you remember."  Likewise, Caters had something snide to say about that, too.  "That stupid question."  That earlier guy spoke again.  "This is more serious then you might think.  We need to know what the last think you can remember before you were here with us."  That brought a lot of questions to mind.  (Us?  Again, who are these guys?  Did anyone else make it?  Is my lack of feeling a drug?)  "Boundaries first, I feel like a corpse here.  Why would I even bother trusting any of you?  Not by your voices or comments, that's for sure.  Heck, you could probably steal a convincing feeling badge from my dead comrades."  The voices began murmuring among themselves, just below earshot.  One mentioned a contract, another said junk in there?  Caters even swore he heard the word 'memory' from each and every one of them.  As they debated among themselves for a minute, he had enough.  "Fine, you're not trustworthy.  What the heck did you want to talk to me about?  I'm not betraying my Vrian contract, and I'm not taking new ones from a bunch of nobodies.  Other then that, I'm game.  Torture?  Pain?  Good luck, I think I got a pretty good edge against those right now."  Over a loudspeaker, a somewhat familiar voice rang out.  "Of course, former Mr. Caters, it is very hard to torture a box and headset.  Well, microphone and speaker are a bit big for a head, but I'd consider that an upgrade."  (Who was that?  A box?  Former Mr. Caters?  Was that the guy who set me up in here?  Did I kill his parents?)

He spoke again, seeing the silence as an invitation to continue.  "Let's see if I can help your memory along, shall we?  You died in a building you set on fire to keep the enemy from getting it.  I'm rather sure the forces against you included troops wearing Zajer and Rich insignia.  Sending a message, perhaps?  Your contract had allowed us to bug you, and I'm certain the last transmitted words were 'I hope those bastards die with me.  I'll kill them again in hell.'  Sound correct?  Oh, do remember me, please."  (Did I really say that?  Huh, I did.  Crap, either my boss is dead or... oh, that is Vrian.  God, did he really expect me to remember him after two months of no contact, with only a short visit that one time?  Lucky for that bastard that I did, though.  I suppose I'll hear him out.)  "Alright, suppose I believe you, why ask about it?"  Vrian chuckled, in person this time.  He was a lot closer now.  Without the loudspeaker, there was no confusing him for someone else.  "I had to be sure we had the whole you.  Now that I know, I have an offer.  Would you like to live?"  (What?  What kind of offer is that?)  "I have in my power, the ability to bring you back from death.  Pity, though, life will be very different.  In exchange for four more years of you incredibly loyal service, I'll give you your life back.  I'll pay all costs in maintaining your existence over those four years, but after that you are free.  Free to pay your own costs, and choose your own life once again.  I'll even let you keep the surviving equipment you'll be using over those four years, which will likely be significant assets in your name.  Just know, you'll be my personal, dangerous, and very new weapon."

(Is he crazy?)  "So, what did my share of the contract go to?  This stupid box?"  Vrian chuckled once again.  Genuine amusement was heard in his voice as he answered the question.  "If you say no, the profits are shared across your troops families.  If you say yes, I guess you get to keep them, don't you?"  (Yes, he's crazy.  Then again, so am I.  I can't believe what I'm about to say.)  "Yeah?  I guess I'm your new toy."  "Weapon."  "I'm not sure you know the difference."  Then, all Carters heard was static.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

(Flahsback) New Weapon Empty Re: (Flahsback) New Weapon

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:06 pm

"Open your eyes"  With the sound of a camera shutter, he could see a set of simple white tiles... the floor?  He glanced around, apparantly he had control of his eyes.  The walls are the same white tile, ugly.  (Wow, I guess I needed glasses in my last life.  Why suspend me in the air?)  "Yes, fine, it works.  Seeing as I can finally see, would you mind showing me my box?  I might finally get to believe you now.  The scientist shrugged, and turned the table.  (Wait, why am I turning upside down?)  Caters could now see himself twisted to face twords a mirror set up, and that the actual floor was the same tiles as the rest of the room.  The scientist at the table looked like one of those mad ones revealing his evil creation... which sucked.  Why?  Caters sat staring at what looked like something from one of those video games he'd heard about, making him look the part.  He would have preferred a box.

"That, my friend, is you.  You're new designated name and moniker, until you're free to change it, is Kilo-Kitten."  He looked at the blue, red, and grey form before him.  The random angles, strange armor, and even stranger colors made him look more like a clown then a weapon.  He hoped he wasn't killing clowns.  "Is this a joke?"  The scientist's former giddy expression dropped, but he looked serious rather then sad.  "Something wrong with your box?"  "First off, the paint job alone would destroy any chance of losing someone on the streets.  May as well paint a giant bulls-eye on me.  Second, there is no way to hide in that, wouldn't standard armor be better?  I mean, clothes and hiding are important, too.  Third, claws?  I'm not fighting bears, what was wrong with simple guns?  Why do I need a mouth?  And wait, how can I see color with red lenses over my eyes?"  The smile grinned again at that final question.  "Science.  First, you won't hide.  Anyone stupid enough to shoot at you will swiftly regret it.  That armor is unique to our research here, you'll understand that later.  The claws are much like the armor, but you have guns, built into the system already.  I have your motor controls shut down, though.  The mouth is so you can appear human and alive, as like most of your design.  Surprises are still your kind of specialty, yes?  I answered your last question first."  (Wait, what?  He might need to repeat tha... oh, hey, my memory improved, too.)

(Great, fine, so I'm a giant colorful death toy.)
 "Why do I look like part of a video game?"
 "Because you are, actually.  We're trying our best to prevent anyone from knowing anything about you.  A hero, if you're curious.  Feel like playing the game?"  (Great, this will only get worse.)  "No.  Turn me on, I should stretch my legs."

With a hum of sudden power, he could feel.  The shock of it made him forget to land when the scientist undid the belts holding him up.  *Thump.*  (And it hurt, for a second anyway.)  "You didn't mention nerves."  The scientist chuckles a bit.  "Well, can't have you ignoring bullets.  You're expensive."  Kilo-Kitten stood, slowly.  Even then, he fell over.  "Balance would be nice.  No gyros or whatever?"  "Whoops."  Hearing that, he went blind to the sound of static.

Last edited by Revaer on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Timeline Correction)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:57 pm

"You're crazy, who builds weapons without triggers?" Another exasperated sigh from the science team. "You can speak without a 'trigger,' how is this different? Do you want a safety switch, too?" Kilo-Kitten considered how to reply, but decided to cooperate. He was under contract and all. (Point and shoot, eh?) Ka-Thoom! A loud crack like thunder echoed through the test chamber. A wooden board on the other side exploded from the impact of electrical energy that shot forth from a lens on Kilo-Kitten's palm. A black stain now sat against the back of the otherwise white tiled walls of the chamber. He took a moment to stare at his palm.

From the inside of the one-way mirror, the science team cheered. "It works!" Kilo-Kitten lowered his stance, and vocalized letting out a sigh. "I saw your previous tests, why doesn't this one shoot plasma like the other one?" The scientists pressed down the button on the other side to open their side of the comms. "Because the plasma couldn't cook popcorn, this can kill people." He walked to the chamber door, ratting against it with the backs of his claws. He waited a few moments, unsure as to what the science team was doing. "Oh, don't stop now. We need to test firing speed and consistency. Fire away, Kilo-Kitten." His lenses narrowed to slits. He stood back at the firing line, pointed, and and continued to shoot. Ka-Thoom! Ka-Thoom! ... Ka-Thoom!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:23 pm

"A stick, you want me charging into battle using a stick."  Kilo-Kitten found himself holding onto a greyish staff, one they had claimed was their latest super-weapon outside of himself.  Vrian's voice shot out through the test chamber loudspeaker.  "No, actually.  I don't want you charging at all if you can help it.  Smash through windows, use sewers, surprise them."  Kilo-Kitten vocalized another sigh, and glared at Vrian through his window.  (Why is it he always seamed bemused by my torment?)  "Then why, exactly, do I have a paint-job that contradicts any attempt at stealth."  Vrian said nothing, and chose to walk over to the console and shut the door.  "I think you'll find this next test fascinating."  (Like hell.)  Vrian sat down, and signaled the scientists to start working.  He never dropped his view, as if waiting for his toy to explode.

"Done, sir."  Vrian smiled again.  "If you can, Kitten, try turning on that wondrous little thing."  Kilo-Kitten stared at him, a touch confused.  He looked down at it again, and realized he actually knew what it was.  The problem racing through his head now was how he knew.  "Wait, you can change my memories?"  "No, we can only add, edit, and remove the memories we write.  Your memories are black-boxed.  It's actually in the long contract we had you sign."  (So yes, yes you CAN.)  He held the staff at it's midsection out in front of him, turned it a bit, and turned it on.  A blade of dark-blue energy shot out downward from one side.  "Kilo-Tail sounds stupid, re-name it."  Vrian simple shook his head lightly, retaining his smile.  "You might be the only person who can even use that weapon, so rename it when you're free of your contract."  (Wait, I keep this, too?)  Kilo-Kitten looked at this new weapon far more appreciatively.  The scientists he could no-longer see, however, were screaming at Vrian in protest.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 pm

(OOC: First Adventcha!  Nya am so happy! Man, this turned to a crazy-long post.)

(Nightlife indeed,  Why must there be so many people walking around at 2 am.)  Kilo-Kitten walked along the looming skyscrapers, attempting to ignore all the bewildered onlookers.  (Yeah, I'll get away from this for SURE.  No-one will go asking around for a blue armored guy with claws.  There are so many of those running around, after all.)  He turned to face the entry to his target, the "Dark Horse" building.  While certainly an impressive building, kept in all-black and 178 stories tall, he wasn't entirely happy to be here.  He hit the buzzer on the outside, curious if they'd even consider letting him simply walk in.  (No, no way this will work.  Vrian's crazy.)

The lens on the camera opened up, and a women on the other side of the intercom spoke up.  "Umm, can I help you?"  Kilo-Kitten smiled like the moron he felt like, and lied.  "Oh, most certainly.  I'm here to give out a beta-copy of GameCom's next Kilo-Kitten game to our lucky winner.  While I'm here, I'll be promoting it of course.  Would you deny justice entry?"  (Justice, funny.  This place probably has a hundred criminals in it.  It stinks of Zajer's style.)  "One moment."  Kilo-Kitten folded his arms, wondering if he should have brought a box or something to make it seam more believable.  Maybe he should have checked to see if a game WAS coming out.  He accessed his database, then the internet.  (Oh, look at that.  New hand-held release, perfect.)

"I'm sorry, we weren't informed of any visitors today."  Kilo-Kitten tilted his head, as his ears began to wiggle.  "Were you unaware of my new adventure, 'Kilo-Kitten VS The Tiny Terrorists?' coming out on Game-Zone Portable?  You'd be denying a fan a valuable chance to meet his hero.  I can downplay the advertising, if that's the problem."  He really wished there was a camera on this side.  He had no idea if he was helping his cause or simply ending it.  "Do you have kids, ma'am?  I wouldn't mind meeting them, either."  The intercom shut off.  (Well, she didn't say no.  Shall I wait a minute?)

There was a short tapping on his leg behind him.  He turned around, and saw a little boy.  He stood there a bit, unsure how to respond.  Kilo-Kitten waited in silence.  He then took a strange stance, yelling "Kilo-Kitten, I stand on the side of the light!  Warmth and freedom for all!"  Kilo-Kitten did his best to smile, as he desperately searched for more information on who he was pretending to be.  He didn't expect actual fans.  With his fake smile, plastered on his lips, he replied "Well said!"  The boy seamed more nervous then before, but Kilo-Kitten found the line he was looking for within his browsing.  "Join then, for evil doesn't nyap and waits in the cold darkness!  Our friendship will set them right!"  (What a stupid line, are there more of these?)  The child stood confident for a moment, then ran off.  he turned to the door, hoping for an answer.  At this point he'd take a 'no' so he could leave the street, maybe just break in.  Another tap on his leg.  Another fake smile, greeting the same boy again, now holding a pen and paper.  At least that was obvious.  "You forgot to give me your name, friend."  The boy nervously replied, "Jimmy Swift."  Kilo-Kitten decided he probably wanted more then a name.  He wrote "To my newly appointed ally Jimmy Swift, approved to distribute warm light to the world!  ~Kilo-Kitten"  Handing back the note and pencil, the boy nearly screamed in delight, doing a short dance before running off faster then even Kilo-Kitten could run.

Turning around, the intercom snapped back on.  "Excuse me, sir?  Do you have the name of the lucky winner?"  Ah, crap.  Does his target have kids?  Bad idea, either way.  Then he noticed something on the Kilo-Kitten forums.  Maybe she wouldn't recognize a username?  "Sadly, I was only given a room number, 12-63.  I was assured he'd be home, goes by the username KittenCub77."  He chose the room right above his target.  Should work well enough provided he works fast.  Silence once again.  "That's room 63-21, actually."  (Wait, what?)  "I, umm, that's my son."  (Jackpot.  Quite a few floors above my target, but hey, I'm in.)  "Then, may I come in?  It appears you were fated to answer my call, may I also get his name?  It would make for a better effect."  The door unlocked, so Kilo-Kitten walked in.

On her way to the door, a fairly young women (near age 23?) came to greet him.  She still looked bewildered.  "I, umm, you're short."  Well, she was maybe two inches taller herself.  "Then I ask you to instead measure me by my heart."  Almost no reaction, strange.  She spoke again, even more nervous.  "He's Edward, Edward Milligan.  I don't think he has a Game-Zone."  More bluffing, at least his unrelated smile is genuine now.  "Not to fear, I'll just send it in the mail.  Though, instead of signing the game, maybe I'll sign the system itself."  A voice came in on his personal private comms.  "Having fun, Kitten?  Your signed console is already on it's way, but the game isn't out yet... nothing I can do."  He sent the (private) reply back "Begone, demon!"  Nodding to the woman, he made his way to the elevator.  (One quick stop, then murder.)  The interior of this building was beautiful, he wondered who owned it.

The elevator doors already open, he made his way in.  He pressed the key for the 63rd floor, with no idea curious as to how she failed to suspect a promotional giveaway taking place at 2 am.  He hoped she wouldn't think of it until after he left, but he wasn't going to count an already-narrow fortunes.  He looked around, noting through the odd displacement of heat that this elevator managed to hide two cameras.  (Need another way down, this could get ugly.)  The elevator doors opened to two guys wearing leather jackets.  (Sure enough, Zajer.)  Thankfully, not room 21.  He walked by, simply nodding as he passed by.  They almost went to bar his path, but decided against it.  He walked up to the room, still clearly in sight of the men, and knocked on the door.  He tried to make it match the jingle of his theme song, but it didn't work well.  The door opened, slowly.  A grown man, stood tired and confused.  His white sweatshirt covered in colored stains.

Nodding, Kilo-Kitten spoke up.  "I'm here to visit Edward Milligan, would you wake him for me?"  The man snorted.  "Oh, he's awake.  Won't let me sleep, with his stupid show on."  He stood aside, revealing a kid near age 3, watching a TV along the back wall... with an open nearby window, plan set.  He walked in, and knelt down.  "Ahem, KittenCub77?"  As the boy turned around, and his eyes grew wide in wonderment.  The family resemblance with his mother was uncanny.  "I was told a fellow hero resided here, by the name of Edward Milligan.  That is you, correct?"  The kid screamed out.  "DAAD!  It's KILO-KITTEN!"  "Be careful, I would hate to disturb people from their warm nyaps this late.  Can we be quieter?"  The boy started with "YE~!" and changed it to a nod.  Kilo-Kitten nodded back.  He spoke quieter, hoping to make his earlier point.  "I would like to thank you for your support, and hope you always spread warm light.  I thank you from my heart."  The father walked up, looking suspicious.  "Hey, what kind of promotion runs at 2 am?"  He glanced back, having just noticed he was the show on TV.  "The promotion was set to match his schedule, not yours.  I apologize."  Before the father could think too much about it, he turned back to the kid.  "Promotion?  Am I gonna be a hero?"  "That's why I'm here.  Very soon you'll get your own chance to become a hero, in my new game.  I already signed your new Game-Zone Portable, so you can look forward to it in the mail.  However, I must remind you not to keep others from their nyaps, and listen to your parents."  Again, more nods.  This was a bit too easy.  He raised his voice back to a normal level."With that, I'm off.  The cold darkness awaits my light."  As Kilo-Kitten stood, the father opened the door for him.  Kilo-Kitten got to see his bewildered look as well, as he leapt out the open window instead.

(Man, the simple layout of this building sure works in my favor.)  Kilo-Kitten counted the floors down, guiding his falls twords the outside of room 21, on the 11th floor.  Jets opened up in both his legs and back, and he dropped his speed to near zero, glancing through the window.  Right there in bed, his target.  He swiftly threw his arms up, and unloaded both shots into the poor guy.  **Ka-Ka-Thoom!-oom!**  With a loud burst, his twin-bolts of electrical energy shot right through the glass, both impacting his target.  Mr. Yard's heart stopped breathing, bleeding from the new hole in his chest.  (Hey, it really does kill people.)  He quickly finished his drop, landing with little additional assistance.  No reason to stick around, he ran down the nearby alleyway, out of direct sight of the window.

The onlookers stood in silence as he barreled past.  Making his way to the opposite street, he found a man-hole.  Nasty, but it'll do.  Using his claws, he easily got a grip and dragged it aside.  He leapt in, sliding the cover shut.  (That'll get people talking all week, will sure make his next target hard to hit.)  He made his way down, at least the sewers were abandoned at 2 am.  From there, it was a simple matter to reach his rendezvous pickup point.  (Well, I suppose that's one kill down.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:39 pm

"Thank you, now go away. I'm trying to listen out for crime and stuff." The peering eyes of the little boy in the window wouldn't go away. Kilo-Kitten looked down from the 30-story wall he was hanging on, hoping ignoring him from this point would help him get the hint. "Kilo-Kitten, this is a good neighborhood, bad people don't live here! ... Kilo-Kitten! They aren't here!" "Shh!" (Why can't people leave me alone?) Some static came in on the comms, and his GPS started updating with his targets location. Looked like he was driving from the speed, no matter. He shifted his weight, and jumped off the wall... hoping no-one believed the kid when he blamed 'kilo-kitten' for damages.

Kilo-Kitten's propultion system kicked on with the jump, sending him flying up onto a rooftop two floors above him. He raced across the roof, and dropped off the other side. "I call it, Kilo-Pounce! Now go get me those space-program files." "Vrian, get off the line." He spied a hallway in the next building. 'Pouncing' again, he smashed through a window into the hallway. He kept up his run, knocking over a bellhop who tried blocking his path. Reaching the other side, he kicked in the door, and pounced across the (thankfully empty) room out the window.

As he fell, he saw something useful on the next rooftop ahead of him, so instead of landing ahead of the target, he 'pounced' midair up another five stories, to the lovely gargoyle statues along the side of this old building. As he landed next to one, it turned to stare at him. He assumed it had built in security systems. "Sorry golem, I need to enlist you for Justice today." With few swipes from his feet, he knocked it loose enough. He grabbed onto it to keep it from falling, and did some math. Kilo-Kitten timed it out to hit his target, dead on. "Fly!" Simply letting go of it, he let gravity do his throwing for him. A couple seconds later, he hopped after it.

*SMASH!* The security golem smashed the road below, right on the hood of a very expensive red car. (Sports model, extra points. Shame he started to slow down there.) With a vwoosh of energy, Kilo-Kitten landed on the trunk. The driver's door opened, and a man got out of the car with surprising calm. He wore otherwise normal business attire, but pink. His lack of emotion was surprising enough, but the sheer lack of damage was worse. "So, someone finally had the balls to hire a hitman, did they? Tell you what, if you give me his name, I'll let you walk away from here." Without a word, Kilo-Kitten drew out his tail, and set it to 'scythe.' The man simply shook his head. "Real shame."

As Kilo-Kitten went to pounce over him, slashing as he did so, the man drew something faster then he could blink. *Bang.* As his pounce suddenly found itself flying the wrong way, he had a huge pain in his lower torso. Kilo-Kitten tried to at least see what he did, finding the pink guy had a hand-cannon of some sort. (Great.) Having smashed into the car parked behind him, he stood back up, and got ready to fire back. *Bang.* This time he managed to smash into a nearby shopping mart. Red liquid started pouring over his eyes. He looked up at the destroyed 'sparkle' brand fountain machine above him. As he gritted his teeth to get up, he got to taste whatever was pouring over him. (Cherry flavored Lemon-Lime, not their best flavor.)

This time he had cover blocking him from just getting shot again. he crawled around the counter to the display shelves. Drowning out the background sounds, he could hear his target approaching. He stuck the bladed end of his tail out from the side, aiming carefully with the building's blueprints on display. "Trying to call a truce?" (Good thing Mr. Pink isn't smart.) He fired the blade off, and it sped past into the circuit breaker.

With the lights out, Kilo-Kitten ran around the far side, setting his tail back. He aimed ahead of time, and unloaded his paws at his target the moment he had line-of sight. 2x*Ka-thoom* He saw the hand-cannon turning his way in the flashes of light. Kilo-Kitten continued around, adjusting his speed as a few blind shots fired in his direction. Each new flash from the hand-cannon allowing his target a chance to re-aim. 2x*Ka-thoom* This guy was either insulated or tough, as he was clearly still standing. He drew out his tail again, this time without a blade... and waited in the dark. "That all you got?" (He's short on breath, maybe I won't need to pummel him.) "I've taken out bigger guys then you!" (I'm sure you have, too bad they couldn't see in the dark.)

Kilo-Kitten quietly made his way past the man, and left the store. His target clearly didn't have the communication system codes on him. Kilo-Kitten also hoped he didn't have the codes, that weapon packed a punch. He sprinted out to the target's car, and ripped off the driver-side door. He spotted a briefcase in the passenger seat, so he took it. *Bang.* Another shot went flying past his head. He pounced into the third story of the gargoyle building. Tearing the locks out of the case, he swiftly opened it. Sure enough, there was the system he was after. "Get back down here and fight, you dirty coward!" Booting it up, no passwords required. Funny, no codes needed.

He ran for the stairs. Kicking the fire-door open, the alarm started blazing. Rather then run up the stairs, he jumped onto the railing, and pounced up two floors at a time, keeping to the railings. By the fourth pounce, people started flooding into the stairwell. He ran out of power at the tenth pounce, but the 23rd floor wasn't a bad distance. By the time he fought enough crowds to make it to the 25th floor, he was ready to pounce again. This time, he got to his target floor 35. The door was locked, but that only took a second to fix. Tearing through the halls, he found a window near the gargoyle he broke. Smashing one last window, it was a cake-walk to retrace his earlier flight path.

"Left him alive?" "I'd rather not, this thing could always break on us." "Somehow, I doubt he'd know how to fix it. You know that'll only make things harder on you later, right?" "Then all you need to do is make me tougher, right?" His call ended with a short chuckle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:57 pm

"Kilo-MEOW!" ... The dummy was unaffected, as was the rest of the chamber. "Are you sure I'm doing this right?" The doctor shrugged, clearly unsure as to what he expected to happen. He lowered his arms, the pose was stupid anyway. It was like asking targets to punch his face. "Great, now I need to ask the jerk why he bothered designing something so untestable." He left the white-tile testing room, and continued past the white-tiled observation room. His continued arguments for variety once again were met with deaf ears. "First he makes up arguments about all this crap being related to 'magik' mumbo jumbo, and now he thinks he can make me attack shit by thinking hard... with a stupid pose no less." He found himself by the hanger doors, locked again. He was tempted to break out again, but his escape was always short-lived. He shrugged it off, deciding to wait until he'd found a way to block the signal.

He went back to his maintenance chair, the only place he could shut himself off for a nap. This time he noted a new guest in the room. It was maybe two inches long and squeaked, though he wondered who bothered putting it in the cage, it's not like it would be able to get anywhere. "You also a test subject? Boring work, hope your shift is shorter then mine." Of course, it didn't respond. He got up and opened the door to the cage, and even opened the door to the room. See if anyone freaked out, might be fun. Not fun to watch, he wanted deniability. He sat right back down and plugged himself in. Letting his generators whirr to a stop, he began to dream.

His sensors auto-kicked back on from a girlish shriek, right next to his ear. After uncovering where his ears used to be, he looked over to see an audio recorder, held by the strangest boss in the world. He set it down, a playful grin plastered on his face. "Sorry, should-have mentioned that the rat also has a GPS tracker. Though, not for long if today's real test goes well. The first one was testing if you'd make a stupid pose at all. Mission successful." (Did I mention the strangest boss ever?) Vocalizing a sigh, he turned himself back on with a stretch. "Still as crazy as ever. I could crawl around on all fours eating dirt, if you wanted. Don't see the point in making me bother." Vrian shook his head and walked over to the cage, letting the rat back into it. He closed the door, and picked up the cage. "Back to the test room, I forgot to mention that your new weapon only works on targets with access to magik. That includes most humans, several large animals, and with some special preparation, this rat. Let's see if you can become like Medusa today, shall we?" He handed Kilo-Kitten the cage, and lead them back to the testing chamber.

"This time, just look up the 'Kilo-Meow' file in your system folders, and go from there." Kilo-Kitten stood facing the rat, some mild disappointment on his face. "Well, at least you get a short shift. Sorry you're retirement plan didn't work out." He hopped back a few feet to sit behind the yellow tape, and opened the file. Reading through it in a moment, he understood the theories and efforts into learning his new 'spell' system that was devised. Sure enough, a lot like Medusa. Collateral damage potential was insane, though. He focused on the rat, his ears beginning to twitch. A moment later, one ear fell flat and a shockwave burst out from in front of him. It was, surprisingly tiring, even though he couldn't (shouldn't?) feel fatigue as a robot. The rat in front of him was squirming a lot, letting out one last squeak as Kilo-Kitten presumed one of it's lungs finished shifting to stone. It fell very still, maybe 1/3rd of the way through this shift. "Perfect, easily within our margin of error." Kilo-Kitten smiled, he finally had a weapon that wasn't at all heroic. It really was thinking hard. (How has no-one world-wide found this yet?)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:21 pm

"Now that your generators are running at full speed, you should be quite a bit more capable.  Let's test it with the Kilo-System weapon, Kilo-Swipe."  Kilo-Kitten nodded to the scientist, curious as to how efficient it was.  He clenched his fist, then opened it with a fierce hiss of energy.  His claws began to glow red, then white with the scream of high-intensity energy.  He reached out, and attempted to grab onto the wooden target.  Upon the lightest tough, it's wooden exterior burst into flame.  He continued reaching through, and found his hand exposed to air on the other side with almost no effort involved.  "I'd say that's a success."  He retracted his hand, his eyes shielding themselves from the light of the fire.

"Well, that's but the first test, we have a new dummy for you to target."  Kilo-Kitten looked to the observing science team.  (Really?  Does this one have a budget?)  The dummy lowered by a hidden elevator, and the sound of a fire extinguisher was heard.  Once the resulting lights from below had vanished, it was followed by the sounds of dummies being shuffled around.  The elevator rose, and it was another plywood dummy, however this time he had an MDA4 armored plate over his chest.  The scientist spoke up once again.  "Alright, same as before.  Kilo-Swipe."  "Wait, you're testing my ability to stab through my own chest?"  "No, we just lack any stronger metals to test against.  It turns out large sheets of diamond isn't exactly in high-demand."  (So, the armor is cheaper then diamonds, good to know.)

Kilo-Kitten once again ran his generator into his claw, and reached out and touched the dummy.  The armor plating didn't respond like jello, but paper wasn't much better.  Then again, how many knives can cut through phone books?  Kilo-Kitten drew his hand back, then thrust it into the armor.  His hand didn't make it through, but his fingers sure did.  The wooden dummy under the armor caught flame like the last one.  He forcefully dragged his hand downward, only to make slow progress.  "Resilient."  He withdrew his hand, then made a slashing motion.  The cut was about half an inch thick, not bad for momentary contact.

"How much weaker is steel?"  "Without being spiritually boosted, I'd say around 30%."  (Good, so I could tear through about an inch of steel per swipe?  Useful, but those newer advanced alloys are a good 60% stronger.  Thrusting still works, at least.)  "Is that it for the test, then?"  The elevator began to lower once again.  "Yes, that will do nicely.  We'll begin to analyze the data as soon as we finish collecting it.  In the meantime, I think Vrian had something for you to do.  (Damn.)  "Tell him I'm on my way."  (It better be a mission this time, if he sends me to ANY birthday partys...)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum